May 21, 2010

FOOD!!

I have  a confession. I HATE meal planning. I think the worst part of growing up and being responsible is that I have to make 3 healthy, balanced meals a day for myself, let alone my sweet hubby and kids! It's probably why I am so overweight. When I get frustrated trying to figure out what to make for dinner, I zip over to the frozen food section and grab some fish-sticks, burritos, pot-pies, or anything that takes less than 3 brain cells to cook. I can cook, it's just coming up with WHAT to cook is the problem.
BUT, I have found something to ease my worries and increase my veggie consumption.... MealsMatter.org!! They have an interactive menu, recipes, AND shopping list!! My dreams have come true!! I just need to spend a day or so creating a couple weeks worth of meals and lists and I should be set. The site is completely free! I have honestly considered signing up for one of those other meal planning sites for $50 a year, but lo and behold my prayers have been answered! Take a look and tell me what you think!
Adieu! I'm off to the grocery store! (Okay, that's a lie. I'm going to go pick up the kids and take them to see and ambulance and get their faces painted and stuff ourselves with free hot-dogs and juice which is sooo much more exciting than going grocery shopping, but it went so well with the theme of my post that I stuck it in there. I'll go grocery shopping later today...or tomorrow...or when my supply of easy frozen food runs out, which ever comes first!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to check that out since I, too, hate meal planning!

    ReplyDelete