Jun 25, 2010

Neglect!

Sorry dear blog. I feel so bad for neglecting you so long! Hmm, what has happened...
1.Razz passed swim lessons! Yay, on to level 2! This is great because last year she was too sissy to even stick her head in the water. This year she has started swimming underwater and loving it! Thank goodness, because on the last day of class they took the kids to the deep end in inner tubes and Razz's got away from her. She did exactly what she should have and kept her head above water until the lifeguard could reach her. She was scared and crying, but then she was so proud for doing what she should have in that situation and then jumped back in the water.

2. Kay and I threw a surprise party for our Mom which ended up not being a surprise thanks to dorky Mr. CB. But it turned out great anyway and Mr. CB feels worse than I do about it so I can't really be mad at him.

3. School is taking up a ton of my time, but I'm enjoying staining potato cells and am the proud owner of a very crappy microscope.
4. Blue is attached to me more than ever. Sometimes Mr. CB isn't even good enough for him. He cries when I go outside to throw something away. I'm thinking of taking out a restraining order. This is getting ridiculous.
 Why does Blue have this awesome Mom Tattoo? See #7 to find out!

5. Found a GREAT recipe for whipped icing. I hate frosting, but this is awesome. It helps that Mr. CB gave me a Kitchen Aid for Mother's Day. All I gave him was a gift certificate for a massage.
The Best Whipped Icing Ever

1 8oz brick cream cheese at room temp
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream

Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla ocassionaly stopping to scrap the sides of the bowl. On medium speed, add the whipping cream slowly again stopping ocassionaly to scrap the bowl. Once all the cream has been added, whip on medium high until stiff peaks form. Enjoy!

This even held up well in a warm room for a couple of hours and didn't melt. I made some the night before I used it and it didn't separate like other whip creams sometimes do.
6. My garden is growing well!! I have blossoms on my pumpkins and my peas! Can't wait for some homegrown veggies for dinner.
7. I made this sweet poodle skirt for Razz to go to a '50s soda shop party. Mr. Blue is a greaser, of course!

8. I LOVE being a SAHM this summer. Click here to see why!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that Blue's awesome tattoo was done my Miss Kay. You have to credit the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so copying that recipe and putting that it's from you...Love new 'frosting' recipes.

    Love the pictures! I've been a little absent from my blog, too. What is the little man gonna do when he starts school??

    ReplyDelete